Introduction: You agree and acknowledge that you will not use the Website in an unlawful manner or in a manner not approved in terms of these Terms. This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") sets out the parameters within which you must make use of the Website (which, as specified above, shall include access to and use of each of our Online Campuses), and in so doing you agree to be bound by this AUP.
Internet use: You may not use our Website to engage in illegal, abusive or irresponsible behaviour, including:
- Unauthorised access to or use of data, services, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without our express authorisation.
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without our authorisation.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, sending of or causing the sending of, numerous duplicate automated and/or excessive, similar emails, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- User of an internet account or computer without our authorisation, including, but not limited to internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning.
- Collection of personal information about third parties without their consent.
- The intentional or negligent dissemination of any malicious code (meaning anything that contains any back door, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, drop dead device, computer virus or other computer software routine or code intended or designed to permit access to or the use of a computer system by an unauthorised third party, or disable, damage, erase, disrupt or impair the normal operation of a computer system).
- Forging of any TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), Internet Protocol packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Any activity or conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against us or the Website.
Security: You must take reasonable security precautions. If applicable, your passwords should consist of at least 8 mixed alpha and numeric characters with case variations. You should not permit a common word to be used as a password. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, not share it with any other person, and you should change your password regularly.
Unsolicited emails: You may not send any unsolicited email, whether of a commercial or non-commercial nature, to any person who has indicated that he does not wish to receive it.
Other networks: You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using the Website.
Offensive content: Content "published or transmitted" via the Website includes web content, email, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting, display or transmission that relies on the internet. You may not publish, display or transmit via the Website any content that we reasonably believe:
- constitutes child pornography or is otherwise obscene, sexually explicit or morally repugnant;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including in relation to chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other intellectual property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is discriminatory in any way, including by way of sex, race, or age discrimination;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to us; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against us by offended viewers.
General prohibitions: You agree to not engage in any of the following activities as a result of your use of the Website:
- Upload or otherwise transfer files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or confidentiality) unless the rights thereto are owned or controlled by you or you have the required authority to do so, and have received all necessary consent to the intellectual property.
- Upload or otherwise transfer files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage or inhibit the operation of another computer.
- Delete any legal notices, labels or anything else in the Website content that displays authorship or ownership in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a forum you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed.
- Use any communications or content or other information obtained through the Website in a manner that is competitive with us or the Website.
- Allow any third party to use your username and password in any manner other than as permitted by these Terms.
Consequences of violation of the AUP:
- You agree and acknowledge that we will not be held liable for content created by you, and you maintain all responsibility for your actions and statements made on the Website.
- We reserve the right to remove content created by users of the Website at any time.
- We may, without notice to you, suspend your right to participate in any course, including any course which is in progress, or remove any content transmitted via or stored on the Website if we reasonably believes you are using the Site or the Online Campus in breach of this AUP. You must cooperate with our reasonable investigation of any suspected breach of the AUP.
We will charge you for any breach of the AUP together with the cost of equipment and material needed to:
- investigate or otherwise respond to any suspected violation of this AUP;
- remedy any harm caused to us as a result of your violation of this AUP; and
- respond to complaints.
- We may, without notice to you, report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that we believe violates applicable laws, and provide any information we have about you and co-operate in response to a formal or informal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency investing in any such activity, or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.